This model of the Niagara was built from a kit by George Tucker. It took him about 12yrs to complete.(?)
Niagara was Commodore Perry’s second flagship during the Battle of Lake Erie on September 10, 1813. After the War of 1812 ended, Niagara served as a station ship in Erie until 1820. She was then scuttled in Misery Bay. In 1813, the ship carried a crew of 155 officers and men, and was armed with eighteen 32-pounder carronades and two long 12-pounders.
Period: War of 1812
Model length: 43”, height: 27”
Scale: 3/16”=1 ft.